Demand for exotic wood continues to grow as consumers seek new ways to give their home interiors and offices a unique look. Exotic woods combine the natural beauty of wood with a touch of individual style, for a look that is both eye-catching and timeless.
Using an exotic wood veneer instead of lumber offers multiple benefits:
- The veneer process seals and stabilizes the panel so it lasts longer than solid hardwood
- Hardwood veneer provides a high-end look at a lower price compared to using exotic lumber
- Veneers offer greater flexibility and design options
- Veneers are more eco-friendly because the peeling process utilizes more of the log versus sawing it into boards
Timber Products Company customers can choose from more than 200 species of responsibly-sourced hardwood veneers including striped Zebrawood, eye-catching lacewood, and bold, colorful padauk. Here are a few of our favorite exotic veneers that strike a balance between modern style and a classic look.
With natural luster and excellent workability, mahogany is ideal for both furniture and interiors. Mahogany sands well, stains beautifully, and provides an upscale look at a lower cost compared to other exotics. It’s also a good choice for customers who want the on-trend look of exotic wood without picking something too trendy.
Teak is commonly used on boats and other marine applications, but it’s also a good choice for decks, flooring, bathroom cabinets or any location that receives frequent water exposure. Using a teak veneer is also a more affordable and eco-conscious choice compared to using raw lumber.
Birdseye Maple and Maple Burl Veneer
Timber Products Company is known for its exceptionally flawless white maple, but we also see the beauty in the unexpected patterns of Birdseye maple and maple burl. Natural imperfections bring character to cabinets, interiors, and furniture.
The Best Exotic Veneers Customized to Your Project Needs
Timber Products Company produces high-quality wood veneer panels that can be curved and cut-to-size to meet your exact project needs. We also offer edge-banding in addition to other custom services.
Every project may be different, but Timber Products’ commitment to quality is consistent. Our veneer graders have an average of 10+ years experience, ensuring high-quality products and quick turnaround.
- Veneers are custom-selected per the customer’s specification
- Customers can also select and approve specific veneers
- Each piece is graded and sorted by hand, ensuring a reliable grain pattern on each and every panel
- Timber Products panels have a thicker veneer compared to other companies for greater versatility